Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wrapping up 2010

Wrapping..get it?? Yeah, I know, that was terrible ;)

When friends and co-workers have asked, "How was your Christmas?", I've been responding that it was the best Christmas I could recall in the past several years. It's hard to believe that the anxiety and fear I was feeling in the days leading up to the holiday was so quickly turned to enjoyment and relaxation, but that's exactly what occurred. Family tensions were resolved (at least for the time being), crisis's were averted, and happy memories were made. WHEW! Jason and I had a wonderful first Christmas together, and it was so much fun waking up Christmas morning together to exchange the gifts that we've had to be clever in hiding from one another. Since we'd never lived together before, we hadn't needed to worry about where to hide gifts. But this year, we share the same home with limited amount of space for hiding presents! Jason finally gave up and just said, "OK, here's where I'm hiding one of your gifts. DON'T LOOK THERE!". It took a lot of will power, but I kept my nose clean! And I was rewarded....

 

Diamond stud earrings!! What a sweet hubby! And I didn't even ask for them. Very early on in the holiday season I asked him if he wanted some ideas for Christmas, and he confidently replied "Oh, I know what I'm getting you". Jason never fails to surprise me :)
And now, 2010 is coming to a close. We're looking forward to New Year's Eve with some great friends, and a relaxing weekend. Hopefully I'll get over this terrible sinus infection that has snuck up on me. Several people at work thought I was crying today because the pressure behind my eyes was so strong that my eyes were red and watery! I think that's a sign that I'm going to explode soon...either way, I hope this resolves soon because the open-mouthed breathing I'm doing at night is so not sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment